Branch No: 30079-6086
4951 E. Grant Road
Tucson, AZ 85712
Phone: (520) 881-3200
Base Pay: 15.00 per HOUR
Now Hiring Temporary General Labor for location in Tucson! $15.00/hour Tuesday, 3/28/2023 thru Thursday, 3/30/2023
Base Pay: 17.00 per HOUR
Local University is looking to add skilled Painters to the team this Summer!!! JOB SUMMARY: The Temporary Painter position, will be assisting the f...
The Temporary Painter position, will be assisting the full-time staff at the University of Arizona with dormitory building turns through the summer. As the dorms are vacated, the staff, student workers and temp painters work together to systematically repair and repaint the facilities as needed. The temp painters generally work together in teams of 3 – 5, and are responsible for repairs, prep and painting of mostly interior surfaces, some exterior on occasion. Surfaces include walls, ceilings, handrails, doors, trim, etc., throughout the building hallways, bedrooms, bathrooms, lobbies and other common areas, primarily using brush/roller application.
Temp painters are expected to arrive daily and punctually for scheduled hours, should be clean and neat in their work and presentation, respectful of the University culture, and professional in their communication and interactions with staff, students, co-workers and others, at all times. There are 23 dormitories on campus, and the University relies on the temp painters for a job well done to keep our buildings beautiful for years to come.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and applies paint to interior and exterior surfaces, using primarily water-based paint, primers and coatings on many surface types (drywall, stucco, metal, wood), with brush/roller and aerosol-cans.
- Prep surface areas to receive paint, including scraping, cleaning, patching, caulking, taping, application of paper/plastic and use of drop cloths to protect non-painted surfaces from spills and drips.
- Maintain equipment, tools and supplies, including work-cart, brushes, rollers, and buckets, cleaning daily for continued use, in designated cleaning areas.
- Work both independently and as part of a team, able to stay on task and to shift priorities rapidly, follow instructions as given, and stay productive through the day.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and Lead about tools, supplies, inventory and project concerns.
- Practice high safety standards, keep work areas clean, minimizing risk and maximizing efficiency.
- Maintain clean, appropriate painting attire and respectful communication during work hours on campus, as representatives of Housing Maintenance Services.
- Perform related duties as assigned to meet Housing & Residential Life and University goals and objectives.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 3:00pm
Pay rate: $17/hr
Location: Around Cherry and UniversityApply Now More Info